Sunday, February 23, 2014

My Life In Yellow Wallpaper

Okay, so I realize that I've been very late in all of my blog posts because my life has been like the story of the yellow wallpaper. No, I wasn't imprisoned in a room to go insane, obviously. However, I've been feeling trapped. I have so many things going on in my life lately that I feel like i don't even have enough time to rest at night. I am the girl behind the yellow wallpaper, and though I'm not on the verge of hanging myself, I am very overwhelmed with the multiple responsibilities that I'm facing. Being secretary of the rbc players, the worship and youth leader of 2 different churches, working a job, and going to college and doing homework, it's like a never ending cycle of responsibilities. It  makes me wonder. Maybe the woman in the yellow wallpaper became overwhelmed with the responsibilities of being a housewife and that's why she went crazy. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. Although, technically my responsibilites can far outweigh those of a housewife, I believe, and I have yet to go insane. Maybe the woman in that story wasn't as strong minded as she would've liked to be. Perhaps she was fragile from the beginning and the slightest change would send her over the edge. Of course there were several things that played a key role in the destruction of that woman's mind, but I don't think that would be enough to go crazy. Either way, if I ever was in thatt situation, at least I wouldnt become infatuated with my wallpaper, primarily because my walls are painted eggshell and tan. It's much too boring to obsess over.
This completes my random thoughts for now. I hope these don't melt your brain, or make you go crazy Gnarles Barkley style.

No comments:

Post a Comment